King Abdullah dies at 90. His successor is 79. I hope that’s not his son, or that is one ghetto king. Do the math. Creepy. Otherwise, it’s one really old goat being replaced by another old goat.
Ouch! I know this guy isn’t exactly a freedom lover, but his letter makes some sense and reveals what is really going on. He hopes the kids won’t be as ignorant as their parents and start more wars.
If you’re liberal, you may in fact relate to this more than a “Christian Conservative.” In other words, Elizabeth Warren may get it more than Rick Santorum. I am also assuming, based on historical evidence, that Jesus Christ really lived – whether he performed miracles or rose from the dead is not up for debate below.
1. Jesus was the first feminist. At a time when it was only customary for men to talk to women for the purpose of getting laid (wait – just like now!), Jesus, like, ladies, your best gay friend, just wanted to converse and help make the lives of women better. Would Jesus actually attend the Pride Parade? And what kind of stud can get a woman willingly to wash their feet without asking or even hinting?
2. He never mentions anything about “social issues.” He rarely judged anyone. He doesn’t even mention homosexuality or abortion. That’s in the Old Testament.
3. He fought for “the least of these,” the opposite of what the proponents of trickle down economics (Christian Conservatives) do.
4. Jesus indeed had a best girlfriend. I don’t believe there was anything particularly romantic between them (though I really can’t speak for Mary Magdalene – she was a little messed up. Ex-prostitute, etc etc).
5. Every gift Jesus gave (healing, food, etc) was given without expectation of return. Seeing people happy and living their lives for each other as much as themselves was good enough for him.
6. He felt pain, just like the rest of us.
7. He enjoyed a glass of wine. “A little wine for thy stomach’s sake.”
8. If the word “kannebosm” is to be understood by myself, Jesus was a pretty hip dude and maybe we should ponder that when discussing treatment for things like cancer.
9. Women, as referenced in #1, loved the guy. He was, if anything, almost metrosexual. He actually CARED about what these chicks had to say.
10. The only time he ever seemed to get really angry was when the bankers tried to take over the temple. Then he went bad ass on them and wrecked the place. We could use him now against the Rothschild Global Banking System.
Sometimes I have a hard time finding the right feed for my games (the feed out of Vancouver), but typically streaming access is pretty good.
I know posting this probably goes against everything I believe in by going after a story, rather than the story within the story, but I’m also a huge attention whore, so if you’re interested, take a gander. I recommend for a head explosion or some comedy, skip to the 2nd clip and hear what the Republicans have to say about the Speech. You can probably predict everything, though. Obama in a room full of gun-loving Republicans sounds dangerously close to Mississippi Burning all over again.
Let no one take my words below as prejudice. I am a proponent of free speech and of sarcasm, and if you can’t tell the difference between prejudice and sarcasm, well, do us all a favour – please don’t vote. Ever.
1. They’re both black. Wait, no, one is whole chocolate milk, the other is half and half.
2. Both are socialists. Wait, no – that’s not true either. Obamacare is NOT socialism and neither are any of Obama’s other policies, unless you’re talking about CORPORATE socialism or corporatism or fascism. He’s a right wing president. Get your facts right. JFK, if you listen to his words and the policies he pushed for, was far more socialist than Obama could hope to be. JFK was undoubtedly a liberal or progressive, while Obama is a neoconservative whose policies are more like Reagan’s and Bush’s than JFK’s. The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. Congratulations, you got your old job back! Unfortunately, we have to cut your salary by 1/3 (meanwhile our profits are sky high).
3. MLK was unabashedly antiwar. Obama had to be bitch slapped for killing children in Pakistan by a 17 year old girl.
4. MLK ultimately improved race relations. Obama has caused a rift in the country, and racism is on the rise, particularly in the police force and fascism lurks at every corner.
5. Corporate tax cuts and bailouts for bankers and oil companies? That would be your president. MLK’s head would have exploded at the idea.
6. After all the fearmongering by Fox News that Obama would be radically different than any president in US history, the president has continued many of Bush’s policies, in some cases going further right.
7. The wars never end. Dr. King would NOT be impressed.
Tommy Douglas was a preacher from Saskatchewan who took the country by storm and didn’t need power (never became prime minister) to become the most influential politician in Canadian history. Americans particularly need to see this if you’re on the fence about health care. Tommy was the Ron Paul of his time.