Write text here…
- Marc Emery apologizes to Trudeau for 2009 pot remarks (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
- Get Marc Emery home from U.S. prison, say 3 MPs (cbc.ca)
- Vulgar Opinions: Hockey Media Doesn’t Really Get It (blackbluegold.wordpress.com)
- U.S. approves return of Canada’s imprisoned Prince of Pot: Jodie Emery (macleans.ca)
- Marc Emery Thrown in Solitary Confinement (stonergirlsguide.wordpress.com)
- Help Get Marc Home. Canada Misses Him and So Does His Wife. (stonergirlsguide.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on Metro News:
Marc Emery wants to come home.
The U.S. government agreed in April to transfer the “Prince of Pot” – currently serving a five-year federal sentence for selling marijuana seeds over the Internet – to Canada.
Yet, Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney has to date refused to sign off on the transfer or publicly comment on it.
With Emery’s early release date of July 9, 2014 fast approaching, his wife Jodie and opposition MPs (in the form of the NDP’s Libby Davies, Liberal’s Wayne Easter and Green’s Elizabeth May) are taking to the steps of Parliament Tuesday to demand action.
“[Marc] is so anxious to go home, the U.S. government wants him to go,” Jodie Emery told Metro. “This isn’t about Marc Emery wanting to legalize pot, it’s about a Canadian citizen who has the right to come home.”
Emery’s supporters have flooded Blaney’s office with hundreds of emails and faxes…
View original 89 more words