A friend made this list and I thought I would share it with you. These are 5 more reasons to support the Idle No More Movement. This applies to our American friends as well, who are experiencing the Idle No More Movement there as well.
1. Support for all those that freely fight for all of our nations shared rights to air, WATER and natural food on the homeland for the homeland…
*Our water is holy and sacred and as of right now. Canada has abandoned its responsibility for its protection. We must then assert our inherit rights to protect it.
2. You resist global mercenaries paid to fight for oil,greed,conquest.
*When corporate profit is privileged over the health of our land and water, we all suffer.
3. It is a matter of social and environmental justice.
4. We are all treaty people.
When our government unilaterally imposes legislation on the First Nations, they dishonour the Crown, they dishonour us (all of us regardless of race), and they dishonour our treaty relationship.
If our government does not respect indigenous and treaty rights, then the very legitimacy of the Canadian state — and thus of all our citizenship rights — is in doubt.
- 10 Reasons to Support Idle No More (surfer53.wordpress.com)
- Idle No More International Day of Action – January 28, 2013 (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)
- CHUG’s Suck at Politics – #IdleNoMore (fromrigstoriches.wordpress.com)
- #IdleNoMore: How to destroy a movement (willyloman.wordpress.com)
- The Wild Fire of Idle No More (realitysandwich.com)
- Spectacular Aerial Tree Blockade Halts Construction in Solidarity with #IdleNoMore First Nations Movement (otpglobal.wordpress.com)
- Good video on #IdleNoMore (otpglobal.wordpress.com)
- #IdleNoMore Prayer Rally in Regina (saskboy.wordpress.com)
- Connecting the Constitutional Dots of #IdleNoMore for the White (like me) Layperson (findingdevelopment.wordpress.com)
- #IdleNoMore University of Regina Round Dance (saskboy.wordpress.com)